- Digital Publishing
- Natural Language Processing
- Multimedia Information Processing
- Digital Document Processing
- Information Security
ICST initialized the direction of information security in 1999. We have undertaken more than 90 state-funded research projects, supported by National Program on Key Basic Research (973 Program), National High Technology Research and Development Program (863 Program), National Key Technology Research and Development Program, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), National Development and Reform Commission Information Security Special Program, National 242 Information Security Program, Beijing Science Program, Major Scientific and Technological Project of GAPP in China, etc.
We published more than 100 research papers in prestigious academic journals and conferences (IEEE S&P, CCS, NDSS, TIP, TIFS, TPDS, etc.). We held more than 70 patents granted and established a close cooperation relationship with UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech and other universities. Our research team has made a series of important achievements in software vulnerability mining, Internet malicious behavior monitoring, p2p network measurement and security, digital rights management, information hiding and digital watermarking, security printing and so on. Our research has been successfully applied in government agencies, major enterprises and institutions, especially in the vital security sectors. We are awarded the second prize of "National Science and Technology Progress Award" in 2016, the 16th "National Invention Patent Excellence Award" in 2014, and the "Excellent Doctorate Dissertation Award of CCF" in 2011.
The main research topics include:
· Internet malicious behavior monitoring: botnet monitoring technology, Web page Trojan monitoring and tracking technology, mobile Internet security threat mechanism and monitoring technology, honey-net key technology and application, security situation analysis and early warning technology, security threat traceability technology, cloud computing based Internet security threats monitoring support technology.
Fig 2.9 Internet malicious behavior monitoring
· Software security: security-oriented reverse engineering, software security vulnerability analysis, software security consistency verification, covert channel analysis, software vulnerability economy and industry, software vulnerability analysis for general computer systems, embedded systems, mobile terminals and other computing platforms.
Fig 2.10 Vulnerability Discovery Technology
· Peer-to-peer network measurement and security: P2P overlay network resource and behavior monitoring, P2P overlay network security vulnerability and threat, P2P malicious code, P2P botnet and other technologies for carrying out P2P overlay network security monitoring, analysis, security protection and enhancement.
· Digital rights management: digital copyright support technology, such as rights description and execution, privilege grant and conversion, key management; research on digital publishing copyright protection technology, such as digital content distribution and authorization, DRM credible counting, digital content offline usage control; and research on copyright protection technology for multi-mode application, such as dynamic rights execution, hardware environment key binding, fine-grained multi-level security control.
· Information hiding: adaptive security steganography, targeted and generic steganalysis, reversible information hiding, document file encryption and security printing technology, which provides technical support for multimedia file copyright protection, secret data communication, important documents and digital signature authentication and other information security issues.