I am now a Professor with Institute of Computer Science and Technology (ICST),
Peking University (PKU), China. I received B.S. in Information Sciences from Department of Information Management of PKU in 2000, M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from Department of Computer Science and Technology of PKU in 2003 and 2006 respectively.
My major research interests include Text Mining and Natural Language Processing. I am broadly interested in several research topics including document summarization, text generation, sentiment analysis, semantic computing, document recommendation and bibliometric analysis.
Honors and Awards
- CCF NLPCC Distinguished Young Scientist, 2017
- CAAI WUWENJUN Technical Innovation Award, 2017
- ACL Outstanding Long Paper, 2017
- IBM Faculty Award, 2015
- PKU Baosteel Scholarship, 2013
- PKU "WangXuan" Young Investigator Award, 2010
- Best Reviewer, EMNLP 2010
- Excellent Doctoral Dissertation of PKU, 2009
- PKU P&G Scholarship, 2008
- Beijing Nova Program, 2008
- The MOE Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET), 2008
Selected Academic Services
- Senior PC Member(SPC): IJCAI-ECAI 2018
- Area Chair: NAACL-HLT 2018 (Summarization)
- Area Chair: IJCNLP 2017 (Summarization and Generation)
- Editorial Board Member: Computational Linguistics (2016-2018)
- Senior PC Member(SPC): IJCAI 2016
- Area Chair: NAACL-HLT 2016
- Area Chair: CCL 2016 (Text Classification and Summarization)
- Best Paper Committee: EMNLP 2015
- Area Chair: ACL-IJCNLP 2015 (Summarization and Generation)
- Standing Reviewing Committee: TACL (2014~2018)
- Area Chair: NLPCC 2014 (Web Mining & Big Data)
- Area Chair: ACL 2011 (Sentiment Analysis, Opinion Mining and Text Classification)
- Area Chair: IJCNLP 2011 (Summarization and Generation)
- Workshop Organizer: ACL Workshop on Multilingual Modeling (MM-2012)
- Evaluation Chair: NLPCC 2012~2017
- Program Committee Member and Reviewer of most major conferences (e.g. ACL, SIGIR, EMNLP, WWW, CIKM, COLING, NAACL, AAAI) and journals in the field.
Shared Tasks and Evaluations
- XiaoNan : A data-to-text generation system for writing people's livelihood news. The system has been deployed in Southern Metropolis Daily and it can write news articles in various domains, including weather reports, train tickets, etc. See examples here.
- PKUWriter : A system for constructing sports news from live text commentary (paper). The technology has been transferred to Toutiao's AI reporter - Xiaomingbot and further used by Guangmingwang in the GuangMing AI reporter.
- PKUSUMSUM : A Java platform for multilingual document summarization (link)
- Web Data Mining (Undergraduate course, Fall 2011~2017)
- Semantic Computing and Knowledge Retrieval (Postgraduate course, Fall 2011~2014, Spring 2016, 2017)
- Social Media Measurement (Postgraduate course, Co-directed with Prof. Xiuli Wang, Spring 2016)
- PhD students: Jiwei Tan, Fang Liu, Hongyu Zang, Ke Wang
- Master students: Jianmin Zhang, Kui Xu, Junjie Cao, Tianming Wang, Lixin Liu (AAIS), Bowei Zhang (AAIS), Mengyu Zhang (AAIS), Zhiwei Yu (AAIS), Minghao Chen (AAIS), Zefeng Lin (AAIS)
- Undergraduate students: Shikang Du, Wei Wei, Hui Liu, Xinyu Xing, Liunian Li, Yin Li, Yitao Cai, Shizhe Diao, Sheng Xu, Zi Chai, Wentao Qin, Shixun Wu, Tianyu Liu, Xiaohong Dong, Hanqi Jin, Wentao Wang, Kedong Fang
- PhD: Xiaojiang Huang(Microsoft), Jin-ge Yao(MSRA), Xinjie Zhou(Microsoft)
- MS: Tengfei Ma(IBM), Liqiang Guo(Microsoft), Houping Jia(IBM), Shanshan Huang(China Life Insurance), Xuewei Tang(WeCash), Yue Hu(Alibaba), Su Yan(CreditEase), Yantao Du(Google->Naturali), Shiyang Wen(Zhixiaole.com), Yang Yu(An Army Unit), Xun Zhang(IA,CAS)
- I have also worked with many diligent, honest and talented undergraduate students.
Last Updated: Nov. 2017. Visitor number: